Articles on this Page
- 01/05/19--00:02: _The Salute Military...
- 01/06/19--00:01: _Visiting Angels Rai...
- 01/06/19--05:21: _One of the last rem...
- 01/06/19--10:02: _Matt Castrucci Hond...
- 01/07/19--00:49: _Carl Reese’s Multip...
- 01/07/19--03:03: _Prem Rawat Foundati...
- 01/07/19--04:32: _Redefining Business...
- 01/07/19--05:23: _Canadian women's ru...
- 01/07/19--06:04: _Morrison & Foerster...
- 01/07/19--06:25: _International Canna...
- 01/07/19--06:29: _Coherus BioSciences...
- 01/07/19--07:39: _New Enlighten Tools...
- 01/07/19--07:49: _PSI Raises Record A...
- 01/07/19--09:42: _Veterans and trauma...
- 01/07/19--09:06: _Cognomotiv Announce...
- 01/07/19--13:15: _Tactile Systems Tec...
- 01/07/19--14:34: _This Congressman Sa...
- 01/07/19--17:02: _Veterans For Peace ...
- 01/07/19--18:22: _Trump Says Predeces...
- 01/07/19--20:40: _Furious veterans de...
- 01/06/19--00:01: Visiting Angels Raises Nearly $450,000 To Help Fight Alzheimer’s
- 01/07/19--03:03: Prem Rawat Foundation Supports Change Through Peace Education
- 01/07/19--06:04: Morrison & Foerster Elects 12 Partners
- 01/07/19--07:39: New Enlighten Tools Make it Easier to Identify Cyber Threats
- 01/07/19--09:42: Veterans and traumatized horses find peace in each other
- 01/07/19--09:06: Cognomotiv Announces Board of Advisors
- 01/07/19--14:34: This Congressman Says The New Congress Could Legalize Weed
- 01/07/19--17:02: Veterans For Peace is there to counter-recruit
The Salute Military Golf Association (SMGA) is one of the newest sponsors in the Maryland Sponsor A Highway® Program. Each sponsor sign promotes highway litter-removal efforts to keep the roads of Maryland safe and looking picturesque.
MONTGOMERY VILLAGE, Md. (PRWEB) January 05, 2019
To thank SMGA for their remarkable work for wounded warriors, Sol Gordon of Gordon Insurance, LLC felt it paramount to donate a sponsor panel in the name of SMGA. As Sol Gordon stated, “As we all know we use these highway signs as Brand Recognition. I wanted to make sure SMGA is known to all for its beneficial work in helping our Wounded Warriors, and it is working.”
Joining forces with Maryland Sponsor A Highway® offers businesses the opportunity to expand their reach by promoting their company logo on highway sponsorship panels. By donating a sponsorship panel in SMGA’s name, Gordon Insurance, LLC will ensure that SMGA expands and that more wounded warriors will learn about this program.
Sponsoring a highway not only promotes safe travel for all drivers, but it also supports better environmental practices as well. Litter-removal efforts set forth by the Maryland Sponsor A Highway® Program serve as a catalyst to encourage the community to be more mindful regarding their treatment of the environment.
The Salute Military Golf Association offers an adaptive golf program to even the most severely injured warriors. This program provides wounded warriors the opportunity to rehabilitate through the game of golf, while dually offering camaraderie amongst other veterans experiencing the same struggle. The Salute Military Golf Association is a remarkable program that is providing many veterans the chance to learn a new sport.
For more information about Salute Military Golf Association visit: http://www.smga.org
For more information about the Maryland Sponsor A Highway® Program visit: http://www.adoptahighway.com Reported by PRWeb 13 hours ago.
Hundreds of Participants Team Up for National Fundraiser
BRYN MAWR, Pa. (PRWEB) January 06, 2019
An army of angels has joined the fight to end Alzheimer’s disease. Visiting Angels, one of the nation’s leading providers of in-home senior care and supporter of the Alzheimer’s Association, is thrilled to announce that its network will contribute nearly $450,000 to the 2018 Alzheimer’s Association Walk To End Alzheimer’s®, the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The annual event is held in more than 600 communities nationwide.
“This is a mission that is near and dear to our hearts. Every day our staff hears stories from families who are struggling to care for a loved one who is suffering with Alzheimer’s,” says Larry Meigs, CEO of Visiting Angels. “Visiting Angels employees and caregivers help relatives determine what kind of care is needed to keep their loved one safe.”
“The Alzheimer’s Association congratulates and thanks Visiting Angels for their participation in Walk to End Alzheimer’s this year,” said Donna McCullough, chief development officer for the Alzheimer’s Association. “The dedication and commitment of the “army of angels” across the country will help so many families facing this disease. We are grateful to Visiting Angels for their outstanding support, which brings us one step closer to our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s.”
This year, Visiting Angels proudly served as a Gold sponsor, with 204 teams participating across the country.
Visiting Angels — 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer’s:· $345,018 raised by local teams nationwide
· $100,000 incentive prize paid by Visiting Angels to top-performing individual teams
· $445,018 donated by Visiting Angels and its teams
“It is amazing to see how hard our teams and franchisees worked this year to spread the word about this important cause,” says Meigs. “Our top winner is the Visiting Angels team in Lenawee County, Michigan, where two army veterans actually dressed in full military gear and marched for 33 miles to raise more than $40,000.”
The $100,000 has been distributed among 11 teams. The prizes range from $5,000 to $25,000. The complete list of Visiting Angels Team winners and credits donated by Visiting Angels:
· 1st place – $25,000 – Visiting Angels of South Central Michigan
· 2nd place – $10,000 – Visiting Angels of Tulsa, Okla.
· 3rd place – $10,000 – Visiting Angels of NE Ohio
· 4th place – $10,000 – Angels on the Move – York, Penn.
· 5th place – $10,000 – Corporate Visiting Angels – Philadelphia
· 6th place – $10,000 – Visiting Angels – Pasco’s Caring Angels – Odessa, Fla.
· 7th place – $5,000 – Angels on the Move – Lancaster, Pa.
· 8th place – $5,000 – St. Charles Visiting Angels – St. Charles County, Mo.
· 9th place – $5,000 – Angels Take Action – Central New Hampshire
· 10th place – $5,000 – Visiting Angels of Eureka – Humboldt County, Calif.
· 11th place – $5,000 – Visiting Angels/Mideastern Shore – Eastern Shore, Md.
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, more than five million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. It is the only disease among the top 10 causes of death that cannot be cured, prevented or even slowed.
About Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services:
Visiting Angels began franchising in 1998 in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area. Today, Visiting Angels has 600 private duty agencies throughout the United States. Visiting Angels agencies employ only experienced caregivers and conduct the most comprehensive background screenings to ensure that their caregivers meet or exceed the company’s high standards. For companion care, Alzheimer’s care, dementia care and the country’s best palliative care program, make Visiting Angels your choice in senior home care. For more information on Visiting Angels or to find a location near you, please visit http://www.visitingangels.com. Reported by PRWeb 14 hours ago.
Arthur Taylor, originally from Mortlake, south west London, was one of the 330,000 stranded men who were rescued from the beaches of Dunkirk. He has now died at the age of 98.
Reported by MailOnline 9 hours ago.
Certain qualified military personnel may be eligible for a discount at a local Honda dealership.
DAYTON, Ohio (PRWEB) January 06, 2019
As a token of gratitude to the brave men and women who defend the United States of America, Matt Castrucci Honda is offering $500* worth of savings on any 2017 or newer Honda vehicle when financed or leased through Honda Financial Services.
To be eligible, applicants must be active duty in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard or be part of the Active Reserve. Spouses of eligible military members may also qualify. Additionally, U.S. Military Ready Reserve and Retirees are eligible as well as U.S. Military Veterans and their spouses within one year of separation from active duty.
When applying, customers will be asked to provide a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) and proof of military status. Spouses must provide military identification and their own LES as well.
Those who are interested in applying or would like to learn if they are eligible are encouraged to contact Matt Castrucci Honda. This current offer is valid until March 31, 2019. The dealership is located at 3013 Mall Park Drive in Dayton, Ohio, and can be reached over the phone at 855-250-8986.
*For well-qualified customers who meet the Military Appreciation Offer criteria, subject to approval by Honda Financial Services (HFS). Bonus offer applies toward any new 2017 or newer model year Honda that are eligible for new vehicle rates when financed or leased through HFS. Vehicle must be new, unregistered and not previously reported sold. Only offered at participating dealerships. One $500 Military Appreciation Offer per vehicle. LEASE: $500 applied toward the cap cost of vehicle. Monthly payment and total due at lease signing are calculated after $500 reduction. Cannot be combined with Zero Due at Signing Lease program. PURCHASE: $500 applied toward down payment. Reported by PRWeb 4 hours ago.
Carl Reese will auction his record-setting motorcycle on January 26th, 2019. Motorcycle collectors take note: This multiple world record holding motorcycle will be sold with no reserve. Bidding available online here https://bit.ly/2zGLar4
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) January 07, 2019
If the name Carl Reese sounds familiar, it’s because he has set multiple Guinness and Cannonball records. Categories range from everything from BMW motorcycles to Tesla electric vehicles. Reese is driven by the singular goal of raising awareness to worthy charities.
Enthusiast and collectors will be given the rare opportunity to own a piece of history at the Mecum Auction being held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Carl Reese has decided to let his multi-record holding, 2015 BMW K1600GT go to the highest bidder. Reese is generously donating 20% of the proceeds to the “Motorcycle Relief Project.” This charity is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides relief to veterans and first responders with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and other injuries by taking them on structured and professionally led, multi-day motorcycle adventure tours.
Reese’s BMW 1600GT motorcycle currently holds the standing world records for:
1. In August 2015, the motorbike was piloted by Reese and set the “Motorcycle Cannonball” record from Los Angeles to New York in a mere 38 hours 49 minutes. Besting the time of 42 hours held by George Egloff in 1983.
2. In February 2017, Reese once again rode the bike into the history books by breaking the official Guinness World Record for the “Greatest Distance In 24 Hours On A Motorcycle,” completing a total of 2116.5 miles, with an average speed of 94 mph. The record was set at Continental Proving Grounds track in Uvalde, TX. Reese bested the distance held by Rusty Vaughn in 2011.
The Motorcycle: 2015 BMW K1600GT: 1,649 cc (100.6 cu in) straight-six transverse-mounted, six-speed, shaft drive, fuel capacity of 15.5 gallons. Orignally purchased from West Valley Cycle Sales the oldest BMW Motorrad Dealer in the United States.
Upgraded Equipment Included:· Clearwater Lights (totaling 30,000 lumens light) w/CanOpener
· BST Carbon Fiber Rims from Brock’s Performance
· EarthX Lithium Battery
· GPS Insight® Global Tracking System
· Lidar Cloaking
· Russell Daylong Seat
· ZTechnik® windshield
· AltRider Engine guards
· Modular 8 1/2 gallon auxiliary gas tank (custom rotational one off)
· Worldwide Ceramic bearings
The winning bidder will also recieve memorabilia: Guinness World Record, Letter of Authenticity, Certificate of Origin, Signed Photograph, Official Licensed BMW Motorrad T-Shirt w/the bike featured, portable 6’ 6” vertical color trade-show banner.
Reese was quoted saying, "My desire is that ultimately the motorcycle will be displayed where others can enjoy it. I'm thinking BMW Motorrad, Barber Motorcycle Museum, Max BMW or Jay Leno will purchase it and display it. Whoever wins it will not only have a great bike with loads of extras, they will own a piece of motorcycle history. One thing is for sure; I will miss this bike.“
About Carl Reese
Carl Reese is a 49-year-old endurance driver. Reese has set more transcontinental records than anyone since Edwin “Cannonball” Baker. Reese and his team have set nine world records, most notably the Solo Motorcycle “Cannonball” Record from Los Angeles to New York in 38 hours and 49 minutes. Reese was born in Mercer County, Pennsylvania and now resides in Pine Mountain Club, California. Reese is active on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EnduranceDriver.
About Motorcycle Relief Project
Motorcycle Relief Project (MRP) is a 501(c) 3 tax-exempt nonprofit organization that provides relief to veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder and other injuries by taking them on multi-day motorcycle adventure tours. Our mission is to honor and encourage veterans while providing them with opportunities to decompress, get unstuck and connect with other veterans. Donations can be made here: http://www.motorelief.org/donate
About Clearwater Lights
Clearwater Lights has been offering award-winning customer service, well-engineered products, and outstanding product support for over 25 years. Our products are manufactured in our Northern California facility and shipped all over the world. To learn more visit http://www.clearwaterlights.com.
The creators of the orginal Autopilot buddy® nag reduction device that fits all Tesla® vehicles. We are the creators of the "#1776 cell phone holder™ that fits all Tesla vehicles. Hands down it is the best cell phone choice for a Tesla. We specialize in aftermarket devices for Model 3, Model S and Model X Tesla vehicles.
Whether it’s the open road or the road less traveled, no other experience provides the thrill and passion for living that riding does. It’s a uniquely human experience. At Firstgear-USA, we create products that enhance the pure joy of riding. We keep you warm when it’s cold, dry when it’s wet and cool when it’s hot. When all you feel is the thrill of the ride – we’ve done our job. To learn more visit http://www.firstgear-usa.com.
About GPS Insight
GPS Insight works with businesses that have fleets of vehicles and other mobile assets to solve unique business challenges through increased revenue, reduced costs, and reduced risk. Our GPS fleet tracking software combines real-time robust functionality with a simple, intuitive user-interface. Monitoring and dispatching your vehicles has never been so easy. GPS Insight provides a highly flexible solution, which includes a wide range of customized reports, alerts and other innovative features that can be tailored to meet specific customer requirements to ensure maximum return on investment. Contact GPS Insight by phone at 866-477-4321 or visit http://www.gpsinsight.com for more information.
About Brock’s Performance
At Brock’s Performance, we strive to lead in the innovation, research and development, manufacturing and distribution of performance components and associated information in the motorcycle industry. A distributor for BST Carbon Fiber Rims and other high-performance motorcycle products. http://www.BrocksPerformance.com/
ZTechnik® is a brand created by National Cycle, Inc. that specializes in Touring/Sports Windscreens and other quality motorcycle accessories designed exclusively for BMW® Motorcycles. National Cycle is the world leader in windshield technology and has developed more innovations and holds more patents for the design and production of motorcycle windshields than any other company in the industry, and supplies original equipment components to motorcycle manufacturers around the globe. Many of these patents are used in popular windscreens such as the VStream®, Flyscreen®, SwitchBlade®, and Deflector ScreenTM. National Cycle approaches every product from the rider's perspective and measures the value of an accessory by how it increases the rider's confidence and enjoyment. To learn more visit http://www.nationalcycle.com.
About EarthX Lithium Battery
EarthX Lithium batteries are designed to be a replacement of a standard 12-volt lead-acid battery, but their nominal voltage is 13.3V, so it will spin your engine faster than you would ever believe possible at an 80% weight reduction! EarthX Lithium batteries will work with any vehicle charging system that regulates the voltage between 13.5V and 14.6V, which is standard in all modern vehicles from motorcycles to experimental aircraft. EarthX has exclusive features that include a microprocessor Battery Management System (BMS) that monitors the charge level of each cell and balances the charge when needed, protecting the cells from overcharge or over- discharge, short circuit protection and excessive cranking protection (heat). What this means for you is more starting power, longer battery life, and the safest lithium motorsport battery on the market. To learn more visit http://www.earthxbatteries.com.
AltRider is a Seattle-based company manufacturing 100% American-made accessories and gear for adventure touring motorcycles. We offer premium protection parts for the adventure bikes from BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Triumph, and Yamaha. We also offer waterproof adventure luggage through the AltRider Hemisphere soft luggage line. http://www.altrider.com
More About West Valley Cycle Sales
West Valley Cycle Sales is the Oldest BMW Motorrad Dealer in North America. Family owned since 1950. Located in Winnetka, CA
About Worldwide Bearings
Worldwide Bearings was created in 1994. We are the world's largest supplier of bearings for the power-sport industries. Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, Go-Kart, and Watercraft. We specialize in high-performance applications as well as everyday rebuilds. No order is too large or too small for us to handle. We work closely with a few bearing factories and are happy to quote on special sizes made to order.
http://www.worldwidebearings.com Reported by PRWeb 12 hours ago.
This new video introduces the Peace Education Program (PEP) and features a variety of perspectives about how the innovative workshop series empowers diverse participants to make positive changes in their lives.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) January 07, 2019
The Peace Education Program (PEP) is a series of multimedia workshops that explore the meaning of personal peace, each helping participants discover their own inner resources to live more fulfilling lives.
The core material for each workshop is a selection of video excerpts from Prem Rawat’s talks. “Do you have a thirst in your life to be happy? Do you have a thirst in your life to experience peace every single day? You can do something about that,” says Rawat, a renowned speaker, author and founder of The Prem Rawat Foundation (TPRF). “The Peace Education Program tries to achieve one simple thing: it’s to put you in touch with yourself.”
The sessions also include facilitated reflection time, participant discussion, and workbook learning, all focusing on 10 thought-provoking themes: Peace, Appreciation, Inner Strength, Self-Awareness, Clarity, Understanding, Dignity, Choice, Hope and Contentment. PEP has benefited people in more than 80 countries in a wide variety of settings, from universities and corporate offices to correctional facilities and drug treatment centers.
While the goal of the program is simple, it is having a profound impact on people who have been marginalized by intense challenges, inspiring them to improve their behavior and feel a renewed sense that peace is possible.
“The participants all leave better than before. Some who were known to have coping and behavioral challenges have made 180-degree turnarounds,” says Terrence Mathews, a counselor who works with inmates participating in PEP at the Metro West Detention Center in Miami, Fla.
In Colombia, PEP has been incorporated into the government’s reconciliation efforts to build a lasting culture of peace after decades of civil war. “Bringing the Peace Education Program to five hundred schools in Antioquia is sending a message: there is a new possibility. Those children that stopped dreaming about the future are now building the future,” says Dr. Néstor David Restrepo Bonnett, Secretary of Education for the Department of Antioquia in Colombia.
In the UK and a growing list of other areas, veterans report that PEP is giving them the tools they need to harness their inner-strength and successfully return to civilian life.
“I was an angry, hating man when I first started it,” says Blair Murray, a client at The Beacon, a recovery center for homeless veterans in North Yorkshire, England. “A big conflict I had was trying to understand myself. I didn’t have the tools, and now I’ve got the tools from the PEP.”
In Ecuador, the peace education workshops inspired the formerly violent Bloods group to relinquish their weapons in favor of community improvement projects, gaining the support of local government authorities. “I think that if we hadn't heard Prem Rawat’s message, the worst would’ve happened. We would’ve continued killing each other, stealing,” says Jefferson, one of the group’s leaders.
Youth violence and other crime is often rooted in drug abuse, with opioids emerging as the biggest threat. PEP is becoming part of the solution, as rehabilitation providers discover that it helps addicts develop the inner strength they need to stay sober.
“Prem’s message is real and it’s genuine, even for guys like me, who came from a broken home, and have been in and out of jail. I’m getting back to being alive again without having to look for peace from substances or alcoholism,” says Mark West, a client at the James Casey House, a treatment facility in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
The Prem Rawat Foundation makes the Peace Education Program, which is non-religious and non-sectarian, available for individuals and organizations at no charge.
Learn how you or your organization can start offering PEP here. Reported by PRWeb 10 hours ago.
NTI, a staffing firm focused on employing Americans with disabilities, presented at NECCF how a partnership with Customer Lobby changed methods of operation and provided bottom line benefits. After consulting with NTI, Customer Lobby successfully moved to employ a workforce comprised entirely of individuals with disabilities working from home.
BOSTON (PRWEB) January 07, 2019
Companies that score high on the DEI (Disability Equality Index) experience up to 28% higher revenue. Those same companies report twice the net income and are four times more likely to outperform those that don’t make disability inclusion a priority (“Getting to Equal: The Disability Inclusion Advantage,” Accenture 2018). As inclusion trends grow, more companies are discovering benefits not only to the morale of employees, but to the bottom line as well. As unemployment rates have dropped across the United States, companies have been filling the gaps by hiring an increasing number of individuals with disabilities. They are now reaping the unique benefits employees with disabilities bring to the workforce.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the current unemployment rate is 3.7 percent, a remarkable 49-year low. But for the disability community that rate is two and a half times greater, currently standing at 9.2 percent. Bridging that gap and increasing inclusion presents a great way for companies to increase revenue and performance, and NTI is available to guide companies within the contact center space to those benefits. Over the past 20 years, NTI has become the industry leader in work-at-home staffing solutions for individuals with disabilities.
At the recent Northeast Contact Center Forum (NECCF) in Franklin, MA, NTI’s Chief Operating Officer Alan Hubbard shared how effective action taken by contact center leaders to accelerate inclusion brings benefits to the bottom line and helps grow business. Hubbard, together with Allegra Lundy, Member Services Manager of Customer Lobby, shared with over 200 contact center managers and directors in attendance how NTI’s guidance changed Customer Lobby’s methods of operation. NTI used their more than two decades of experience to assist Customer Lobby in a transition from using agents in a traditional brick-and-mortar call center to using agents in a virtual call center staffed solely by employees with disabilities working from their own homes.
By hiring agents who work at home, Lundy stated that Customer Lobby was able to draw from a much wider applicant pool with a higher skill set. This helped solve their problem of finding employees willing to work for an affordable rate in California where Customer Lobby is located. By hiring nationwide from NTI’s pool of trained applicants, Customer Lobby saved 26 percent over their local payrate. Lundy shared how NTI also guided them through the process of making sure remote agents were able to work securely and still maintain strict performance standards and high customer satisfaction. NTI board member Bob Eaton, also in attendance, said “Attending NECCF was a win-win for NTI because we have the experience of leveraging virtual agents to achieve great customer satisfaction while maintaining business continuity. Attendees were able to see how hiring Americans with disabilities who had completed NTI's training programs made business sense.”
By making sure applicants for jobs were fully trained and had needed skills to succeed in at-home jobs, NTI took the guess work out of the equation and made the transition to a virtual workforce seamless. In addition, NTI ensured Customer Lobby had tools in place to remotely train employees for job-specific tasks. Alan Hubbard, COO of NTI, said “When employing and training an at-home workforce, engagement is paramount. Using chat, having a direct line of communication to a supervisor, and maintaining regularly scheduled meetings to provide feedback are imperative to the success of at-home agents.” Lundy explained how she worked hand-in-hand with NTI to develop a deliberate instructional plan to train and provide guidance to newly hired agents working in an at-home environment.
Switching to an at-home workforce composed of Americans with disabilities made sense for Customer Lobby. They gained flexibility within their workforce and employed loyal and talented agents who have a better than average retention rate. They also saved money on the cost of having to expand a traditional call center or rent a larger space. In fact, the partnership of NTI and Customer Lobby was so successful that they increased their virtual staff by 50% in 2018, gaining the ability to expand their services and at the same time save money on rental space and hardware. “Using NTI agents in combination with our onsite staff has worked better than we ever thought it would,” Lundy said of the experience.
About NTI - NTI is a 501 (c)(3) (http://www.nticentral.org) non- profit organization headquartered in Boston, MA. NTI has been providing job services to Americans with disabilities since 1995. The NTI@Home program provides free training and job search services for work-at-home customer service positions across the United States. The LandAjob program helps Americans on SSI/SSDI search for on-site jobs and get reimbursed for job related expenses. NTI pioneered staffing virtual call centers with Americans with Disabilities, including Disabled Veterans, who work from home.
About NECCF - NECCF is a non-profit organization of contact center executives and managers who meet to exchange ideas and address modern concerns and planning needs of contact center professionals throughout the region. NECCF was founded in 2001 by contact center specialists who wanted to assemble an unbiased group of professionals to facilitate the exchange of industry ideas. NECCF remains committed to addressing day to day management concerns and strategic planning needs of modern contact centers.
About Customer Lobby - Customer Lobby is based in Oakland, California and provides access to automated software that offers customer retention tools to local businesses. Founded in 2008, Customer Lobby allows service businesses to manage online reputations and generate positive reviews to boost online presence and increase revenue. Reported by PRWeb 8 hours ago.
Canadian rugby's most successful team needed a bounce-back season and so far the women's sevens squad has delivered. But veterans like Britt Benn and Bianca Farella know that qualifying for the Olympics requires more than the physical aspect of the sport.
Reported by CBC.ca 7 hours ago.
The class of 2019 includes an equal number of women and men.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 07, 2019
Morrison & Foerster, a leading global law firm, is pleased to announce the election of 12 lawyers to the firm’s partnership, effective January 1, 2019. The class of 2019 includes an equal number of women and men from multiple practice groups across seven offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
“I am delighted to welcome this highly talented and diverse group of lawyers to our partnership,” said Morrison & Foerster chair Larren Nashelsky. “They are gifted lawyers in their respective areas of practice, and each has demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to clients, colleagues, and community.”
The following lawyers have been elected partners:· Amanda Aikman, a member of the Litigation Department, and part of the firm’s Securities Litigation, Enforcement, + White Collar Defense, FCPA + Anti-Corruption, and Investigations + White Collar Defense Groups, is based in the New York office. She represents companies and individuals in criminal and civil enforcement matters, conducts internal investigations, and advises companies on global compliance issues. Before joining the firm, Ms. Aikman was a prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division. As a member of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) unit, Ms. Aikman investigated and prosecuted violations of the FCPA as well as other white collar crimes and was involved in a number of significant cases. She was also responsible for researching and preparing the first comprehensive draft of the landmark joint DOJ and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) publication, A Resource Guide to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Ms. Aikman received her J.D. from Yale Law School and her B.A. from Stanford University.
· Caitlin Sinclaire Blythe, a member of the Litigation Department, and part of the firm’s Securities Litigation, Enforcement, + White Collar Defense, and Investigations + White Collar Defense Groups, is based in the San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on investigations, white collar defense and commercial litigation. She represents companies, audit committees, and individuals in SEC and DOJ enforcement matters, as well as internal corporate investigations involving accounting and disclosure issues. Ms. Blythe also represents corporations and individuals in class actions and other complex commercial litigation matters. Before joining Morrison & Foerster, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard Seeborg of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. Ms. Blythe received her J.D. from Harvard Law School and her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles.
· Andy Campbell, a member of the Corporate Department, is based in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on representing issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions and advising public and private companies on a variety of other corporate and securities matters, including strategic transactions, corporate governance matters, and compliance with the U.S. federal securities laws and the listing standards of securities exchanges. With a particular focus on and experience in the REIT industry, Mr. Campbell regularly advises both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and other registered and unregistered offerings of common and preferred equity, debt, and convertible debt. He received his J.D. from the University of Alabama and his B.A. from Williams College.
· Dario de Martino, a member of the Corporate Department and co-chair of the Blockchain + Smart Contracts Group, is based in the New York office. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, principally in connection with public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, and corporate governance matters. Mr. de Martino represents a broad array of U.S.-based and international clients, ranging from global corporations to closely held companies, most of which are active in the following industries: technology, including blockchain and cryptocurrencies, financial services, and healthcare. He regularly counsels clients in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space, including with respect to private equity investments in companies developing blockchain-enabled technologies and token offerings (also known as ICOs). Mr. de Martino received his J.D. from Federico II University School of Law and his LL.M. from Columbia Law School.
· Marc-Alain Galeazzi, a member of the Financial Services Group, is based in the New York office. His practice focuses on advising and counseling foreign and domestic banks, financial holding companies, bank holding companies, and other financial institutions on a variety of bank regulatory, Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (BSA/AML), and transactional matters. Mr. Galeazzi also has significant experience advising financial institutions on complex regulatory matters, including matters relating to the Bank Holding Company Act, the Bank Merger Act, the Dodd-Frank Act (with regard to the Volcker Rule, living wills, and enhanced prudential standards, among others), applications to federal and state banking regulators for expansion of activities, internal restructuring, and new products, sales, and acquisitions. Mr. Galeazzi received his LIC JUR from the University of Fribourg and his LL.M. from Boston University School of Law.
· Annabel Gillham, a member of the Litigation Department, is based in the London office. She manages the London employment department and is part of the firm’s Employment + Labor and Global Privacy + Data Security Groups. Her employment practice covers cross-border employment counseling, executive hiring and firing, strategic employment advice on transactional matters and investigations and employment litigation. Ms. Gillham also regularly designs and presents training and legal updates to senior managers and HR executives and has participated in working party UK government consultations (including on the UK gender pay reporting regulations). On the data protection side, Ms. Gillham advises multinational organizations on individual rights requests, regulatory investigations and all aspects of GDPR compliance. She has particularly strong experience guiding clients through the new regime governing access to data relating to criminal allegations. Ms. Gillham received her G.D.L. and L.P.C. from the University of Law of England & Wales and her B.A. from the University of Bristol.
· Akira Irie, a member of the Intellectual Property Group, is based in the Tokyo office. He has represented clients before U.S. district courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), and the USPTO. He also assists clients in patent litigation before Japanese courts. His litigation experience includes pre-suit analysis, managing discovery and trial strategy, taking and defending depositions, arguing discovery and pre-trial motions, and arguing at Markman hearings. Additionally, he also has experience drafting pre-trial and post-trial briefs, preparing and presenting witnesses for trial testimony, and participating at patent trials before the ITC and U.S. district courts. He is also registered to practice before the USPTO as a patent attorney and has argued in Inter Partes Review proceedings before the USPTO. Mr. Irie received his J.D. from Washington University School of Law and his B.A. from Swarthmore College.
· Nicole Johnson, a member of the State + Local Tax Group, is based in the New York office. Her practice focuses on state and local tax controversies at the audit, administrative, and judicial levels, and encompasses tax matters regarding all tax types. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Johnson was a state and local tax manager with one of the big four accounting firms, where she focused on complex state and local tax controversies and planning opportunities. She is a frequent lecturer concerning state and local taxes and has spoken before such organizations as the Council On State Taxation, the Energy Tax Association, the Ohio Tax Conference and the California Tax Policy Conference. In 2018, Ms. Johnson was appointed to the New York State Tax Appeals Tribunal Advisory Panel. She received her J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law and her BSB from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
· Jim Krenn, a member of the Corporate Department, is based in the San Diego office. He counsels private and public companies on a broad range of significant business transactions, from formation through liquidity. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, and emerging company counseling. Mr. Krenn advises clients on private and public acquisitions on both the buy-side and sell-side across numerous transaction structures, including equity purchases, asset purchases, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures of divisions and subsidiaries, cross-border transactions and auctions. He counsels emerging life science and technology companies in equity financings and general corporate matters and angel, corporate, and venture capital investors in investments in such companies. In addition, Mr. Krenn represents public companies on capital markets transactions and reporting matters, and advises boards of directors on corporate governance issues. Mr. Krenn represents clients in multiple industries, including biopharmaceutical, artificial intelligence, medical device, e commerce, cybersecurity, software, Internet, social media, semiconductor, unmanned aerial vehicles, agtech, consumer products, finance, cleantech, energy, and action sports. He received his J.D. from Harvard Law School and his B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Notre Dame.
· Joyce Liou, a member of the Intellectual Property Group, is based in the San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, domestic and international trademark prosecution, copyright and trademark enforcement, and domain name arbitration. She has litigated trademark, copyright, and design patent infringement cases, as well as proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In addition to litigation, Ms. Liou advises clients on complex intellectual property issues such as counterfeit and gray market goods. Her clients come from a wide range of industries and fields, including wireless networking, consumer electronics, computer software, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, plants, and food products. Ms. Liou received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School and her B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley.
· David Newman, a member of the National Security and Global Risk + Crisis Management Groups, is based in the Washington, D.C. office. Drawing on his experience as a senior White House and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) attorney and his background in government regulation and national security, his practice involves guiding clients through sensitive matters pertaining to national security and global risk and crisis management. He has significant experience advising clients on crisis management, counseling clients on Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States (CFIUS) reviews, and conducting internal and government-facing cross-border investigations. Recently named as one of the top “40 under 40” figures in the data law bar around the world by Global Data Review, Mr. Newman has been called upon over the past year by CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Wired Magazine, among others, to provide thought leadership and insights on trending cybersecurity and data privacy issues. Prior to joining Morrison & Foerster, Mr. Newman held several key posts at the White House, serving as Special Assistant and Associate Counsel to President Barack Obama and on the staff of the National Security Council. Throughout his tenure at the White House, he regularly advised the President and other senior administration officials on a range of complex matters affecting the federal government, overseeing a broad portfolio that spanned national security priorities, crisis response and preparedness planning, new data and technology initiatives, criminal justice reform, and civil rights litigation. Previously, Mr. Newman was counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for National Security at DOJ, where he helped manage the DOJ National Security Division and counseled senior officials at the DOJ and across the government on a wide array of matters. A former law clerk to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court, Mr. Newman received his J.D. from Yale University and his B.A. from Columbia University.
· Dr. Julia Schwalm, a member of the Commercial Litigation practice, is based in the Berlin office. Dr. Schwalm represents national and international clients in the resolution of large-scale commercial, often cross-border disputes, with a focus on technology-based disputes. She has represented clients in all aspects of litigation, from pre-litigation strategy through trial to the enforcement of judgments, and settlement negotiations. She has handled cases in a variety of industries, including automotive, aviation, consumer goods, telecommunications, heavy machinery, and banking. She also advises clients on product liability issues, assists them with the risk assessment, and has conducted numerous EU-wide voluntary recalls for her clients. Dr. Schwalm received her Dr. iur. from the University of Regensburg.
We are Morrison & Foerster — a global firm of exceptional credentials. Our clients include some of the largest financial institutions, investment banks, Fortune 100, and technology and life sciences companies. The Financial Times has named the firm to its lists of most innovative law firms in Northern America and Asia every year that it has published its Innovative Lawyers Reports in those regions. In the past few years, Chambers USA has honored MoFo’s Privacy and Data Security, Bankruptcy, and IP teams with Firm of the Year awards, the Corporate/M&A team with a client service award, and the firm as a whole as Global USA Firm of the Year. Our lawyers are committed to achieving innovative and business-minded results for our clients, while preserving the differences that make us stronger. The firm also has a long history of commitment to the community through providing pro bono legal services, including litigating for civil rights and civil liberties, improving public education for poor children, advocating for veterans, promoting international human rights, winning asylum for the persecuted, and safeguarding the environment. Reported by PRWeb 7 hours ago.
*DENVER, CO / ACCESSWIRE / January 7, 2019 /* *International Cannabrands Inc. *(CSE: JUJU) (the "*Company*") is pleased to announce that further to its press release dated December 7, 2018, it has completed the second closing event to acquire a 51% equity interest in La Vida Verde, Inc. ("*LVV*").
La Vida Verde is a highly respected branded cannabis product manufacturer and distributor based in Santa Cruz, CA. The business has powerful growth prospects due to its family of brands including Skunk Feather concentrates, organic LVV edibles and other cannabis products. La Vida Verde was founded and is run by Bryce Berryessa and Eric Hara, two of the most respected veterans of the cannabis industry in California.
Pursuant to the definitive agreement dated September 19, 2018 (the "*Definitive Agreement*"), as amended, the Company made an aggregate capital contribution of US$1.3 million to LVV, issued 25,225,161 Common Shares of the Company to the holders of LVV and promissory notes for an aggregate of US$2,000,000 due as to 50% on March 31, 2019 and 50% October 31, 2019. The notes bear interest at a rate of 5% per annum and are secured by a pledge of the portion of the securities represented by the amounts owing. The Common Shares are subject to a restriction in that the holders have agreed that without the express written consent of the Company, no more than 50% may be sold in the calendar year 2019 with the balance only saleable in 2020 or after
In addition, pursuant to the Definitive Agreement a subsequent US$700,000 capital investment is contemplated to be made in April 2019. In addition, under the Definitive Agreement, one of either Eric Hara, Bryce Berryessa (or their nominee) is expected to join the Board of Directors of the Company, and Steve Gormley will join the Board of LVV.
The capital investments in LVV supported an expansion of sales and operations staff, inventory required by rapid growth and to expand manufacturing capacity.
*About International Cannabrands (ICI)*
ICI acquired the exclusive rights to Julian Marley's JuJu Royal™ brand. ICI currently generates revenue from licensing brands to growers, edible manufacturers, oil extractors, producers of ancillary products and apparel in the United States where cannabis has been legalized at the state level, as well as products containing CBD in the US and internationally. ICI intends on acquiring micro brands with highly profitable operations in the cannabis space. The Company believes as the market becomes saturated with products varying in potency and quality, that the branded products will rise to the top and the Company intends to exploit all opportunities available to realize the full value of the Julian Marley brand and other brands.
*About JuJu Royal *
Julian Marley conveys his message of legalization, freedom, and love through the JuJu Royal brand, a line of naturally produced medicinal herbs using the best solventless technology. One percent of proceeds are distributed for the benefit of veterans using cannabis through the Weed for Warriors Project. More information about the brand and various products can be obtained at www.jujuroyal.net. International Cannabrands Ltd is continuing to work with Julian Marley to identify and develop future strains of marijuana that meet Julian's exacting standards. The Company is continuing to conduct research and development with certain origin genetics to produce additional signature Julian Marley strains for the JuJu Royal Premium Marijuana collection. The intent is to make these strains available to dispensaries and caregivers on a worldwide basis where it is legal.
*International Cannabrands Contact:*
Chief Executive Officer
1045 Lincoln Street, #106
Denver, Colorado 80203
Ph: (323) 828-4321 or email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEITHER THE CANADIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE NOR THEIR REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER HAVE REVIEWED OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
*Forward Looking Statements*
This news release contains forward-looking statements. There is no assurance that International Cannabrands will be able to realize all the expected benefits from its acquisition of 51% of LVV. These forward looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Events or circumstances may cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated as a result of numerous known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, many of which are beyond the control of the Company or the parties to the agreement. These include legal and regulatory changes, the impact of general economic, industry and market conditions; expectations regarding market demand for particular products and the dependence on new product development; the impact of product competition. As a result, the Company cannot guarantee that any forward-looking statement will materialize and the reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking information. Such information, although considered reasonable by management at the time of preparation, may prove to be incorrect and actual results may differ materially from those anticipated. Forward-looking statements contained in this news release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. The forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as of the date of this news release and Management of the Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable securities laws.
*SOURCE:* International Cannabrands Inc.
View source version on accesswire.com:
https://www.accesswire.com/532025/International-Cannabrands-Completes-Acquisition-of-51-of-California-Manufacturer-La-Vida-Verde Reported by Accesswire 6 hours ago.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coherus BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHRS), a commercial biosimilar company, today announced that it has entered into a $75 million senior secured credit facility agreement with Healthcare Royalty Partners.“We are pleased to have the renewed support of HealthCare Royalty Partners,” said Denny Lanfear, President and CEO of Coherus. “This financing bolsters our cash position and working capital, enabling us to accelerate and enhance the manufacture and sale of UDENYCA™ (pegfilgrastim-cbqv), which we launched January 3, 2019. We look forward to providing significant value to cancer patients, oncology clinics and hospitals, as well as providing significant savings to payers.”
“This investment reflects our continued confidence in the Coherus leadership team, as well as their ability to execute on their commercial plan,” said Clarke Futch, Managing Partner and Chairman of the Investment Committee of Healthcare Royalty Partners. “We are honored to help Coherus in its mission to serve patients and deliver savings to the healthcare system. With this second investment in Coherus, we look forward to their continued growth and success.”
The senior secured credit facility matures on January 7, 2025 and pays interest quarterly at a rate of 3–month LIBOR plus 7% per annum. Subject to other customary fees, the senior secured credit facility will also be subject to a 4% final payment premium owed on the entire principal amount funded.
*About Coherus BioSciences, Inc.*
Coherus is a leading biosimilar company that develops and commercializes high-quality therapeutics for major regulated markets. Biosimilars are intended for use in place of existing, branded biologics to treat a range of chronic and often life-threatening diseases, with the potential to reduce costs and expand patient access. Composed of a team of proven industry veterans with world-class expertise in process science, analytical characterization, protein production, sales and marketing and clinical-regulatory development, Coherus is positioned as a leader in the global biosimilar marketplace. Coherus has received regulatory approval for UDENYCA™ (pegfilgrastim-cbqv) in the U.S. and European Union and is advancing two late-stage clinical products towards commercialization, CHS-1420 (adalimumab biosimilar) and CHS-0214 (etanercept biosimilar), and developing a robust pipeline of future products in ophthalmology (including CHS-3351, a ranibizumab biosimilar, and CHS-2020, an aflibercept biosimilar), as well as CHS-131, a small molecule for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and multiple sclerosis. For additional information, please visit www.coherus.com.
About HealthCare Royalty Partners*
HealthCare Royalty Partners (“HCR”) is a private investment firm that purchases royalties and uses debt-like structures to invest in commercial or near-commercial stage life science assets. HCR has $4.4 billion in cumulative capital commitments with offices in Stamford (CT), San Francisco, Boston and London. For more information, visit www.healthcareroyalty.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, Coherus’ expectations regarding the commercial launch and sales levels of UDENYCA™; Coherus’ expectation to continue the development of its biosimilars in anti-inflammatory and ophthalmology therapeutic areas; and Coherus’ ability to provide value to patients, providers and significant savings to payers. Such forward-looking statements involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause Coherus’ actual results, performance or achievements to differ significantly from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, whether our commercial launch of UDENYCA™ will be successful and generate meaningful sales; the risk that we will be unable to achieve our expected sales of UDENYCA™; the risk that our current available cash, including the proceeds from the senior secured credit facility agreement with Healthcare Royalty Partners, will be sufficient to fund our planned expenditures and meet our obligations; the risk and uncertainty inherent in being able to secure financing, either by incurring additional debt or from the sale of our equity, in sufficient amounts or on acceptable terms; the risks and uncertainties inherent in the clinical drug development process; the risks and uncertainties of the regulatory approval process, including the timing of Coherus’ regulatory filings; the risk that Coherus is unable to complete commercial transactions and other matters that could affect the availability or commercial potential of Coherus’ biosimilar drug candidates; and the risks and uncertainties of possible patent litigation. All forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date on which they were made. Coherus undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. For a further description of the risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those expressed in these forward-looking statements, as well as risks relating to Coherus’ business in general, see Coherus’ Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2018, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 8, 2018 and its future periodic reports to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
UDENYCA™ is a trademark of Coherus BioSciences, Inc. For more information about UDENYCA™ please visit www.UDENYCA.com.
David S. Arrington
Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Affairs
Coherus BioSciences, Inc.
+1 (650) 395-0196 Reported by GlobeNewswire 6 hours ago.
LINTHICUM HEIGHTS, Md., Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB), an Alion company, announced today that its subsidiary, Enlighten IT Consulting, LLC, (EITC), has released the latest version of the company’s proprietary Rapid Analytic Deployment and Management Framework (RADMF®). The new version includes the RADMF® Packet Capture (PCAP) Processing Pipeline (Px3), and RADMF® STEELBox. RADMF® Px3 extracts usable information from petabytes of raw data received daily from U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) networks, and puts it into a format that can be ingested by a variety of platforms including Enlighten’s Big Data Platform (BDP). STEELBox is a stand-alone, secure environment that lets analysts investigate raw data content without fear of hidden malicious code compromising ongoing operations.Correlating the new data with what already exists in the platform makes it easier to identify and verify malicious activity. Once a threat is identified, analysts can immediately pivot to RADMF® STEELBox through the platform interface. Instead of combing through volumes of raw data, analysts can launch just the slice of data they need into STEELBox, and then begin securely exploring critical evidence.
“One of the challenges facing cyber missions today is the ability to make sense of large volumes of raw data at mission speed,” said Duane Shugars, Enlighten’s Senior Vice President and General Manager. “With the new RADMF® tools, our experienced team can quickly identify, correlate, and analyze malicious cyber threats and other activity within minutes – instead of hours or days.”
*ALION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION*
At Alion, we combine large company resources with small business responsiveness to design and deliver engineering solutions across six core capability areas. With an 80-year technical heritage and an employee-base comprised of more than 30% veterans, we bridge invention and action to support military readiness from the lab to the battle space. Our engineers, technologists, and program managers bring together an agile engineering methodology and the best tools on the market to deliver mission success faster and at lower costs. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards; as such, Alion is ISO 9001:2015 certified and maintains CMMI Level 3-appraised development facilities. Based just outside of Washington, D.C., we help our clients achieve practical innovations by turning big ideas into real solutions. To learn more, visit www.alionscience.com.
*ABOUT MACAULAY-BROWN, INC., an ALION COMPANY
*For 39 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB), an Alion company, has been solving many of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. MacB is committed to delivering critical capabilities in the areas of Intelligence and Analysis, Cybersecurity, Secure Cloud Engineering, Research and Development, Integrated Laboratories and Information Technology to Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security, and Federal agencies to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. MacB was acquired by Alion Science and Technology in August 2018. To learn more, visit www.macb.com.
*ABOUT ENLIGHTEN IT CONSULTING, LLC, (EITC), a MACAULAY-BROWN, INC. COMPANY
*Since 2007, Enlighten IT Consulting, LLC, (EITC), a MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) company, has been an innovative provider of advanced and mission-critical big data infrastructure, secure cloud engineering, and analytic solutions for federal, state, and local clients with specific emphasis on the warfighter and decision makers responsible for national defense and security. A premier partner of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Enlighten has collaborated with AWS to provide innovative solutions to meet many of the challenges facing the U.S Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community related to big data, cyber analytics, data fusion, and IT transformation. The company is headquartered in Linthicum Heights, Maryland. Enlighten was acquired by MacB in December 2016. To learn more, visit www.eitccorp.com.
· Press Releases
*email@example.com Reported by GlobeNewswire 5 hours ago.
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Planned Systems International, Inc. (PSI), a leading provider of Health IT solutions to the federal government, is pleased to announce that it raised a record amount for charity at its 21^st Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Argyle Country Club in Silver Spring, MD. Proceeds were presented to Special Love and The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) at PSI’s Holiday Party at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in December."In this season of giving, we couldn’t be happier about the continued success of PSI’s Charity Golf Tournament over the past 21 years,” said CEO Terry Lin. “Our tournament aligns with PSI’s corporate culture of giving back, and we thank all golfers and volunteers who participated, had a lot of fun, and raised more than ever before so that we could help to improve the quality of life for children and adults battling cancer.”
Over 200 players and volunteers came out for an exciting day of golf and to raise funds for cancer victims and their families. Contributions from the October 19, 2018 event totaled $66,775. With PSI's 100% matching donation, a record-breaking total of $133,550 was donated. Of this amount, $79,216 was donated to Special Love, and $54,334 was donated to LLS.
Special Love Executive Director Jan Bresch said, “Special Love continues to be amazed and so appreciative of the support that PSI engenders for our campers and families through its annual fall golf tournament. The 2018 event really demonstrated the unity and compassion that PSI shares with its employees and partners, and it set an unprecedented record for both to the total amount raised, and the donation presented to Special Love at PSI’s holiday party.”
“PSI’s support to LLS here in Maryland has been instrumental to furthering our lifesaving mission to cure blood cancers and improve the quality of life of our patients and their families,” said Jonathan Wilson, LLS Executive Director. “Because of support of companies like PSI, LLS helped advance 31 of the 37 blood cancer treatments approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 2017!”
*About Planned Systems International, Inc.*Founded in 1988, PSI is a CMMI Maturity Level 3-appraised, ISO® 9001:2015, ISO® 20000-1:2011, ISO® 27001:2013, and ISO® 14001:2015-certified enterprise IT solutions and management consulting services provider specializing in Healthcare & Healthcare IT, Cyber Security & Intelligent Information Sharing, and Advisory & Assistance Services. PSI has a stellar record of past performance and award-winning experience, and our core capabilities include: Enterprise Architecture & Design; Software Development & Maintenance; Systems Integration; IT Modernization; IV&V Testing Services; Cloud Computing; E-Learning & Medical Modeling & Simulation; Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence; Mobility & Theatre Support Systems.
PSI has earned a reputation for applying the state-of-the-art technologies and the industry's most successful methodologies to support business solutions for the Department of Defense (DoD), Veterans Affairs (VA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and other Government clients.Visit PSI on the web at www.plan-sys.com.
Contact: Christina Colbert
Planned Systems International, Inc.
410.964.8000 Reported by GlobeNewswire 5 hours ago.
While looking for resources to help his war-related PTSD, Cody found horses who were in as much pain as him. They’re slowly healing one another.
Reported by USATODAY.com 3 hours ago.
Automotive safety and security startup accelerates recent market traction with powerful board of industry veterans from automotive, big data & AI, legal & data privacy, and fleet managementMENLO PARK, Calif., Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cognomotiv, provider of real-time data services that certify the safety, security and proper functioning of modern vehicles at runtime, today introduced its board of advisors. This world class team of entrepreneurs and industry luminaries brings deep automotive, cybersecurity, technology and legal expertise, and will play a key role in helping to guide Cognomotiv’s strategy and technical direction.
“Cognomotiv is a fast-growing startup focused on bringing real-time data technologies to automotive and transportation companies to ensure the safety and security of the next wave of new transportation services, from today’s connected cars to the fully autonomous vehicles of the future,” said Hadi Nahari, founder and CEO of Cognomotiv. “We are truly honored to have such a distinguished advisory board, composed of global business leaders who have a unique mix of technical and regulatory knowledge across automotive, data and cybersecurity industries. We could not have found a better blend of talent or a more collaborative group of advisors to help us chart the best direction for Cognomotiv.”
· *Amr Awadallah* is the founder and CTO of Cloudera. Previously he served as VP Product Intelligence Engineering at Yahoo! and ran one of the very first organizations to use Hadoop for data analysis and Business Intelligence. Amr joined Yahoo! following the acquisition of his first startup VivaSmart, in July 2000.
· *Robin Campbell* is the global co-chair of the Data Privacy & Cybersecurity practice group at Squire Patton Boggs, a top 10 global law firm where she specializes in complex, cutting-edge legal advice, including expertise in autonomous vehicle technology, connected-cars, IoT, data monetization and online tracking technologies.
· *Lou Hughes* has held senior leadership positions throughout his stellar career. He was President and COO of Lockheed Martin. Prior to Lockheed, he was EVP at General Motors, where he held progressively more responsible positions for over 25 years, including President of GM International Operations, President of GM Europe, Chairman of Adam Opel AG, and Chairman of Saab Automobile.
· *Lee Kaplan *built his career at Enterprise Holdings, starting in 1985. Now retired, he most recently served as senior vice president and Chief Administration Officer, and was responsible for overseeing Legal, Risk, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Venture and Strategic Planning.
· *Sasha Ostojic* was Senior Vice President Engineering at Cruise Automation, an autonomous vehicle technology company owned by General Motors and Softbank. He is also a Fellow and Advisor at venture fund Playground Global, and serves on the Advisory Boards of other companies including Zoox (autonomous driving) and Deepen AI (intelligent data tools for autonomous systems).
Learn More, Meet with the Cognomotiv Team:
· @CES: Cognomotiv will be in the Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) booth #1614 in the Westgate Pavilion. Stop by to view a demo of Cognomotiv’s Fault Detection on AGL.
Cognomotiv provides real-time data services to automotive and transportation industries to certify the safety, security and proper functioning of modern vehicles throughout their operational life cycle. Using data science and machine cognition, Cognomotiv continuously monitors both individual vehicles and entire fleets as they operate, instantly detecting and predicting system faults and failures to increase vehicle safety, reliability and performance.
Founded by experts in embedded, automotive and security technologies, Cognomotiv combines Automotive Grade Edge AI diagnostics with cybersecurity and backend system analysis to deliver critical runtime intelligence from the edge to the cloud. By gaining holistic intelligence of their products in the field, Cognomotiv customers can accelerate time to market of new offerings and increase revenue, while lowering costs and reducing risks of vehicle operations. To learn more, please visit www.cognomotiv.com. Follow us at @Cognomotiv.
Jill Reed, Sift Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org Reported by GlobeNewswire 4 hours ago.
2018 Revenue Increased 31% Year-Over-Year; Fourth Quarter Revenue Increased 30% to 32% Year-Over-Year
MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tactile Systems Technology, Inc. (“Tactile Medical”) (Nasdaq:TCMD), a medical technology company focused on developing medical devices for the treatment of chronic diseases at home, today reported preliminary revenue results for the full year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2018.
*Preliminary Full Year 2018 Revenue Summary:*
· Full year 2018 total revenue is expected to be in the range of $142.8 million to $143.3 million, representing growth of approximately 31% year-over-year. 2018 revenue is expected to be comprised of:
-- Flexitouch system revenue in the range of $131.3 million to $131.8 million, representing growth of approximately 31% year-over-year
-- Entre and Actitouch systems revenue of $11.5 million, representing growth of approximately 29% year-over-year
*Preliminary Fourth Quarter Revenue Summary:*
· Fourth quarter total revenue is expected to be in the range of $45.5 million to $46.0 million, representing growth of approximately 30% to 32% year-over-year. Fourth quarter revenue is expected to be comprised of:
-- Flexitouch system revenue in the range of $42.1 million to $42.6 million, representing growth of approximately 30% to 31% year-over-year
-- Entre and Actitouch systems revenue of approximately $3.4 million, representing growth of approximately 38% year-over-year
“We are excited to close the year with another quarter of strong execution, with revenue growth in excess of 30%, driven by sales of our Flexitouch systems,” said Gerald R. Mattys, Chief Executive Officer of Tactile Medical. “Our Flexitouch sales this quarter were driven by several of our primary growth drivers, including the expansion of and continuing execution from our field sales team, and higher than expected volume from a direct contract with a large commercial payer initiated in the third quarter. 2018 was an exceptional year for Tactile Medical, with record sales growth driven by the successful launch of our Flexitouch Plus system in the second quarter, our targeted selling strategy focused on our most productive accounts and strong sales growth in the Veterans Administration channel.”
Mr. Mattys continued: “Looking ahead to 2019, we remain confident in our ability to deliver 20% plus revenue growth and improving profitability as we continue to expand our share of the $4+ billion U.S. market in lymphedema and chronic venous insufficiency.”
This financial information is preliminary and subject to completion of the company’s year-end financial reporting processes and audit. Tactile Medical intends to report its full year and fourth quarter 2018 financial results in February and will provide the anticipated report date in a subsequent press release.
*About Tactile Systems Technology, Inc. (DBA Tactile Medical)*
Tactile Medical is a leader in developing and marketing at-home therapy devices that treat chronic swelling conditions such as lymphedema and chronic venous insufficiency. Tactile Medical’s Mission is to help people suffering from chronic diseases live better and care for themselves at home. The Company’s unique offering includes advanced, clinically proven pneumatic compression devices, as well as continuity of care services provided by a national network of product specialists and trainers, reimbursement experts, patient advocates and clinicians. This combination of products and services ensures that tens of thousands of patients annually receive the at-home treatment necessary to better manage their chronic conditions. Tactile Medical takes pride in the fact that our solutions help increase clinical efficacy, reduce overall healthcare costs and improve the quality of life for patients with chronic conditions.
*Legal Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:*This release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are generally identifiable by the use of words like “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “believe,” “intend,” “confident,” “outlook” or “project” or the negative of these words or other variations on these words or comparable terminology. The reader is cautioned not to put undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, as these statements are subject to numerous factors and uncertainties outside of the Company’s control that can make such statements untrue, including, but not limited to, the adequacy of the Company’s liquidity to pursue its complete business objectives; the Company’s ability to obtain reimbursement from third party payers for its products; loss or retirement of key executives; adverse economic conditions or intense competition; loss of a key supplier; entry of new competitors and products; adverse federal, state and local government regulation; technological obsolescence of the Company’s products; technical problems with the Company’s research and products; the Company’s ability to expand its business through strategic acquisitions; the Company’s ability to integrate acquisitions and related businesses; price increases for supplies and components; the effects of current and future U.S. and foreign trade policy and tariff actions; or the inability to carry out research, development and commercialization plans. In addition, other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are discussed in the Company’s filings with the SEC. Investors and security holders are urged to read these documents free of charge on the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Mike Piccinino, CFA
email@example.com Reported by GlobeNewswire 1 day ago.
Watch Video2018 was a year full of milestones for cannabis reform. But the man at the forefront of the Congressional push for federal cannabis legalization says the next two years will be even more groundbreaking.
"This will be the most pro-cannabis Congress in history," said Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Oregon). "We’ve had a number of people who’ve stepped up, who’ve taken a stand, campaigned on it. I’ve talked to over five dozen of the new people and they’re very open minded or, actually very supportive."
Blumenauer, one of the founders the bipartisan Congressional Cannabis Caucus, says the midterm elections helped remove some of the biggest roadblocks to federal marijuana reform.
"We’ve had tremendous progress in Congress, but we have been restrained, shall we say, by people in the Republican leadership who refused to allow us to vote on proposals," Blumenauer said. "They’re not here. Pete Sessions shut us down on the rules committee, Bob Goodlatte on the Judiciary, and Speaker Paul Ryan who did not move forward."
With some major Republican opponents gone, Blumenauer says he and new members plan to focus on taking incremental, bipartisan steps over the next two years to make big marijuana reforms. He says he and other proponents already have a roadmap to legalization that starts with recommendations for every major congressional committee.
Increasing access to medical marijuana for military veterans, opening the door to federal research on cannabis, and giving legal cannabis businesses full access to banking are high up on the list of reforms Blumenauer says members plan to tackle.
"These are items that help build the moment that will make the difference that I think sets the table moving toward legalization in this Congress," Blumenauer said.
But getting legislation through a Republican Senate and then signed by President Donald Trump won’t be a walk in the park. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other GOP leaders have said they wont support full legalization.
But other Republican Senators like Cory Gardner and Steve Daines support marijuana initiatives and have already introduced bills to do reform federal prohibitions on banking and veterans access to cannabis.
Blumenauer says convincing opponents to support reforms might not be as hard anymore as public support for legal marijuana grows.
"The way that that is most tellingly achieved is by what the voters want. This is something that is demanded by the public and cannabis, as I mentioned, is more popular than any politician," he said.
Sixty-one percent of Americans supported legalizing recreational marijuana in a 2017 Pew Research Center survey.
Last year, voters in Michigan chose to legalize recreational marijuana, and three red states -- Missouri, Oklahoma, and Utah -- legalized medical marijuana. Reported by Newsy 23 hours ago.
Re: “The Army, looking for recruits in Seattle, finds it a hard sell”: The article failed to identify the veterans organization that does the counter-recruiting in Seattle High Schools. This “counter-recruiting action team” is the local chapter of the national veterans organization Veterans For Peace. We are providing additional information to students the military is […]
Reported by Seattle Times 20 hours ago.
Former President Jimmy Carter said that he never had such a conversation with President Trump, making him the last of the veterans of the Oval Office to dispute the assertion.
Reported by NYTimes.com 19 hours ago.
Stephen McWhirter says he will quit Army after his picture was used in the campaign poster.
Reported by Daily Record 16 hours ago.